The following policy describes the information gathering and dissemination practices for the Battlestar Galactica, web site (www.BattlestarGalactica.com):
Battlestar Galactica logs server information to identify: (1) usage levels of specific areas of our site; (2) origin of our site's audience; and, (3) browser and operating system of site visitors. We do not associate IP addresses to individuals. As such, visitor sessions will be tracked, but visitors will remain anonymous.
The following information may be collected for this analysis including, but not limited to:
* User Client hostname - The hostname (or IP address if DNS is disabled) of the user/client requesting access.
* HTTP header, "user-agent" - The user-agent information includes the type of browser, its version, and the operating system it is running on.
* HTTP header, "referrer" - The referrer specifies the page from which the client accessed the current page.
* System date - The date and time of the user/client request.
* Full request - The exact request the user/client made.
* Status - The status code the server returned to the user/client.
* Content length - The content length, in bytes, of the document sent to the user/client.
* Method - The request method used.
* Universal Resource Locator (URL) - The location of a resource on the server.
* Query string of the URL - Anything after the question mark in a URL.
* Protocol - The transport protocol and version used.
Other than information provided by visitors, Battlestar Galactica does not collect personally identifiable information (e.g., name, email, address.)
Information Provided Voluntarily
In the course of using Battlestar Galactica's web site, you may choose to provide information to us through web forms, e-mail or other electronic means. Any personally identifiable information you submit will be used only for the purpose(s) indicated. Requests for information will be directed to the appropriate staff to respond to the request, and may be recorded to help us improve our site to better respond to similar requests.
Use of Information
Battlestar Galactica uses the information described above to tailor content to visitors; ensure broad access to our site, regardless of software; monitor site performance and generate aggregate statistical reports. At no time do we disclose site usage by individual IP addresses.
Battlestar Galactica will not sell, exchange or otherwise distribute your personally identifiable information without your consent, except to the extent required by law. Each web page requesting information discloses the purpose of that information. Persons not wishing to have submitted information used in that manner, are not required to provide it.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of data collected. Battlestar Galactica web sites are expected to adopt security measures appropriate for their data collection practices.
Battlestar Galactica contains links to sites outside the www.Battlestar Galactica.com domain. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these Web sites.